Health & Safety Advisor
Health and Safety Advisor
We are looking for an experienced personable Health and safety Advisor to join our existing health and safety team.
As a health and safety adviser you will use your knowledge and skills to promote a positive health and safety culture in the workplace. You will also ensure that employers and workers comply with safety legislation and that safety policies and practices are adopted and adhered to.
This Role is within the construction industry, working with Internal trades such as Drylining, ceilings, Screed works as well as External works such as Cladding, curtain walling, rendering, scaffolding and SFS - Existing knowledge and experience in these fields is a must.
Sites are located across London and the southeast.
Head office is based in Basildon.
You will be required to travel between multiple locations therefore Full UK Driving license is Beneficial for this role.
Our ideal candidate will work well in a team, be computer literate, have a deep understanding of Health and Safety Law and a can-do attitude.
Salary is negotiable depending on your Experience and qualifications.
To apply for the role simply submitt the Application form or alternatively you can email your CV to Rebecca.Harris@oclfacades.com
Key Responsibilities will include
- Produce project and Task specific RAMS
- Carry out and record regular site Health and Safety inspections
- keep records of inspection findings and produce reports that suggest improvements
- Ensure working practices are safe and comply with legislation
- Liaise with the existing health and safety team to uphold and improve existing health and safety strategies and internal Company policy
- Identify Health and Safety training requirements for staff and workers and follow company procedure to book and maintain training.
- Manage/ update existing SSIP for the company and or upload information to other online portals where necessary for projects.
- Investigate/record incidents and accidents
- keep up to date with new legislation and maintain a working knowledge of all Health and Safety Executive (HSE) legislation and any developments that affect the industry
- Ensure equipment is installed safely
- Assist with producing/ review/ maintain, management reports, newsletters and bulletins Company policies and procedures where requested.
- manage and organise the safe control and disposal of hazardous substances where required
- NEBOSH National Certificate in Construction Health and Safety or equivalent as minimum
- IOSH Tech or above
- CSCS– Academically qualified person (or other relevant to qualifications)
- CISRS Basic Scaffold Inspection Training (Basic SITS)
- Portable appliance testing
- NEBOSH Certificate in Fire Safety or equivalent
- Environmental Qualifications
Use the form below to apply online: